How to add pictures and files to a product
All Product related information and operations are available in Workspace's Product Management
module, which will open in a new window when you select from the top menu:
Products > Products > Products
Steps to add pictures and files to a product:
- In Product Management locate the product to which you want to add pictures or files. There are two methods for locating products:
- Running a keyword search: type search keyword(s) to the search box in the top right corner
and click on "Search" button
- Browsing the product group structure in Groups Management
view in the left column. Click on a group name to display a list of its products in the right column.
When you have found the product, click on the its "Modify" button
to open a Product Card window.
- Select tab "Pictures and files" from the Product Card. On this tab you can
attach 5 pictures and 5 files to the product. There are two alternatives for each picture/file slot:
- Enter the full URL address to the picture/file (see "Picture 1 URL" in screenshot below), or
- Upload a local picture/file to be stored with the product data in Workspace (see "Picture 2"):
Click "Browse" button to choose a file and "Upload" to send it to Workspace
Note that the URL address will be used in the webshop only if you haven't uploaded a picture/file.
You may enter a description of each picture. This "alt-text" will be displayed in
the shop when mouse cursor is positioned over the picture.
For each product file there is a "linktext" field which is used to create a download link
to the actual file. A file's linktext can not be left empty, otherwise the download link
will be invisible to the user.
Finally click "Accept" or "Cancel" button on the page's down-right
corner to save or abandon changes.
- Done: adding pictures and files to the product is now complete.
For detailed instructions on how to display product pictures and file download links in the webshop,
please refer to the Workspace User Manual,
Chapter 8: Visual Module.
Product pictures and files related template variables
available in Products WAE
and Product list WAE
are listed here for quick reference.
Template variables for product pictures:
Template variables for product files:
<< Back to HOWTO index
Software: Smilehouse Workspace
Author: Eetu Ojanen
About author: Eetu Ojanen is working at Smilehouse as a Software Developer
Contact author: firstname.lastname@example.org